This past spring the SWR Board announced that SWR would begin recruiting a new Executive Director. Once the position was filled, Mike would then transition to lead Sustainability CoLab: a new network that will support interested communities with developing programs similar to SWR’s flagship, the Regional Carbon Initiative (RCI). For more details, see here for a post Mike wrote in this blog at the time.
Since that announcement, we have received a good number of applications and nominations. And while the Board has interviewed excellent candidates for this position, we have decided to continue our search. With a stronger financial position, we are now re-posting the position with a few changes, including a higher salary range of $70,000 – $73,000 that acknowledges the unique skill-set necessary to take SWR’s work to the next level. Complete details can be found online here. As well, the Board will continue accepting nominations for the role at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As our search continues, Mike remains SWR’s dedicated Executive Director, leading staff and volunteers towards our mission: fostering collaborations that enable organizations across Waterloo Region to convert their sustainability interest into action. Some notable highlights include:
- Regional Carbon Initiative: Both Conestoga Mall and the Region of Waterloo recently set new GHG reduction targets, converting to Bronze Pledging Partners of the RCI. Meanwhile membership continues to rise with new members that include the Greater KW Chamber of Commerce, St. Paul’s University College and Challenger Motor Freight.
- ClimateActionWR: Culminating three years of research, analysis, and community engagement, Waterloo Region’s first-ever climate change action plan will be considered for approval by area municipal and regional councils over the next 60 days.
- TravelWise: Waterloo Region’s first transportation management association (TMA) is coming to the close of a two year pilot with membership reaching its maximum of 20 members for the pilot. Following this success, we’re keenly working with the Region to form a partnership that continues growing the impact of the TMA for the next two years.
- Renewed Strategic Direction: In early November we will roll out our renewed strategic direction and an updated website. In doing so, we continue to explore new program development (ranging from electric vehicle infrastructure support to a zero-impact sustainability incubator).
If you’re interested in supporting our search for a new Executive Director, we encourage you to:
- Help get the word out: Share the position posting with your networks through email, social media, or in conversation.
- Make a nomination: Is there someone you think the Board should personally advise of this opportunity? Send the person’s name and email address to email@example.com.
As the team at SWR remains focused on developing new and existing initiatives, the Board is committed to finding a leader who will continue to scale the impact of SWR’s work. We’re excited for this next phase in the recruitment process and, as always, we appreciate your ongoing support.
All the best,
Mike Morrice Barry Colbert
Executive Director Board Chair