The Fund Development role is an amazing opportunity to work with a large network of diverse funding stakeholders as well as manage and recruit a team of passionate fundraisers.
The Fund Development Manager leads SWR’s grants and sponsorship efforts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to set the strategy for this year’s sponsorship campaign and develop real-world fundraising and external relationship management experience.
As the Fund Development Manager you would:
- Hire and manage a team of fund development volunteers to assist with sponsorship reach outs and grant application writing, as needed;
- Support and participate in grant applications including sourcing grant opportunities as well as writing grant applications
- Develop detailed instructions for using and optimizing current sponsorship approach;
- Actively maintain Salesforce with Sponsor and Grantor information, details and deadlines
- Perform process mapping for functional areas, developing knowledge of each area’s funding needs and plan out fund development strategies
As a strong candidate for this role, you bring:
- Previous fundraising experience – we are passionate about skill building
- Ability to perform research on possible sponsors, grantors, and applicable funding sources
- Ability to identify issues, and create solutions in processes
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of or interest/passion in gaining experience in external relationship management, partnership development and funding relations
- Passion for environmental sustainability an asset
Approximately five hours per week (including bi-monthly SWR Team meeting Tuesdays from 5:30 – 7:30) for a one year minimum.