Do you have a passion human resources, with a particular interest in recruitment and selection? Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute your time and talents in human resources? This is a great opportunity for a candidate early-in-career looking to sharpen skills and grow professionally to support the Sustainable Waterloo Region team to further their impacts within Waterloo region. We provide a supportive environment with mentoring and guidance.
As the Human Resources Generalist you will:
- Take to lead on recruitment and selection activities (staff, intern, and volunteers); working closely with Hiring Managers to develop job descriptions and write attractive job postings.
- Maintain postings on the SWR website, and post to outside job boards.
- Screen applicant resumes and present to hiring team.
- Conduct initial phone screens and/or participate in interviews when able.
- Communicate with prospective candidates, including coordination and booking of interviews with selected candidates.
- Maintain HR documentation in accordance with best practices ensuring the HR team’s file management is well organized and up-to-date.
- May conduct three-month check-ins and volunteer exit interviews.
- May develop and deliver HR program training materials.
- Support with annual volunteer survey creation, distribution and analysis.
- Work with other HR team members to improve HR processes.
- Support ad-hoc HR projects.
- May help with planning/attendance of team building, and recruitment events.
- Other duties as needed to support achieving the HR team goals.
As a strong candidate you have:
- Formal education in Human Resources with at least 1 year of relevant generalist experience (including resume screening, conducting interviews, etc.).
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Organizational and project coordination skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve results
- Working towards or interest in pursuing CHRP an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers an asset.
- Passion for environmental sustainability an asset.
- Approximately 5 hours per week (including bi-monthly SWR Team meeting Tuesdays from 5:30 -7:30pm, team social events and regular HR one-to-one and team meetings as set by the HR Manager). We are looking for candidates who are able to commit to a one year minimum.